Host a Mobile Volunteer Event!
We know it can be challenging to get a big group together to pack food at United Food Bank’s Volunteer Center in Mesa. But what if we bring the food packing opportunity right to your location?
Through United Food Bank Mobile Volunteer Events, you can have an impactful food-packing experience just about any day, anytime and anywhere in the Valley. Your team can build emergency, homeless or after-school snack bags to help people in our region who are in need of food assistance.
Mobile Volunteer Events offer a great opportunity for teambuilding among your staff or conference attendees. It also could be part of your organization’s next holiday gathering. And, it makes a big difference in our community. The usual length of a food pack is one hour. Sixty volunteers can assemble 800 assistance bags in that time; 300 of them can assemble as many as 2,000 bags.
What it Takes to Host a Mobile Food Pack
- We don’t require a minimum or maximum number of volunteers. Our Mobile Volunteer Events tend to average between 50 – 300 volunteers.
- We base our packing goal on the number of volunteers who will participate.
- The program fee to host a United Food Bank Mobile Volunteer Event is a minimum donation of $10,000.
- Sufficient space for volunteers to work.
- We ask that you schedule your Mobile Volunteer Event at least four weeks in advance.
- United Food Bank takes care of all planning and logistics, and provides build materials, bags and staffing.
Call Grace Bishara at (480) 540-7955.